As a growing business, you might have heard of what an ERP system can do for you and a little bit about what the software entails. For a majority of enterprises, the question is not if they require ERP system software or not, but when they will require it. No matter how much time or money you are afraid of spending on early implementation of such software, it is simply incomparable to the costs you save and profit you make in the future.
Tell-Tale Signs It is Time to Try an ERP System Solution
Enterprise Resource Planning (or ERP) is a software tool that acts as a centralised database of information – this then extends to automating routine processes, simplifying the way your business runs, and making management of all your systems in place a breeze. The software is used as a centralised, shared tool that can access and manage business resources across various departments. The goal? Optimising business operations, leaving the menial tasks to machines, and freeing up employees for the work that matters. This system is broad, however, and can be utilised for everything from supply chain management to monitoring and managing time, finances, and even security.
You might be wondering when the right time is to implement such systems, and there are a few signs to watch out for, such as:
- Your current processes are simply not working. As businesses grow, the need to adapt their systems becomes apparent – but many fail to manage these changes appropriately. If your paperwork is a mess and you cannot seem to get a handle on operational processes that should be streamlined by now, changing to ERP software is long due.
- Your current software is no longer robust enough for the data it needs to manage. You want something scalable, that won’t require replacing every few months, and will still be able to store large amounts of data across various departments – from finances to manufacturing.
- Overlapping software integration is costing you too much. A single Enterprise Resource Planning solution will replace all the other software integrations, which also focuses your company’s IT expenses and labour. No more extensive training fees, upkeep, and manpower required.
- Poor manufacturing processes are failing to meet the demands of clients. Organising and accessing data across various departments in a centralised system makes for a simplified manufacturing and distribution process. Managing and tracking inventory, retrieving relevant data, comprehensive customer reports, and keeping your finger on the pulse when it comes to your supply chain management is easy.
- Reporting is prone to human error. Drawing data from various departments means you are more susceptible to human error. But when this data comes from a single, automated source, you have the benefit of accurate, time-saving reporting.
Here at Fourier IT Innovation, we ensure the planning, design, and implementation of your ERP solution is tailored to suit your business. You are free to select components of the software that work best for you, and our scalable platform ensures that making future additions to your system is possible. Contact us today for more information.