Application Decommissions at Fourier IT: All You Need to Know
The application decommission process can seem like a complex task if you are not in the know, and that is where we come in. We make the process a simple one and support you all the way so that business operations remain functional and time is not wasted. We also ensure that all employees are up to speed with the process as we believe that communication is key in any technological process.
Application decommission refers to a strategic approach that systematically withdraws or retires expensive or outdated legacy applications without interfering with your business needs. Outdated applications no longer serve your modern hardware platform or operating system and thus need to be withdrawn. They were written for older systems and thus no longer work for your current needs. So let’s look at how the process works and what steps it involves.
The application decommission process works according to the following steps:
- Initiation phase: We create the project team and communicate with the client in this initial stage. We then request the Architecture work.
- Analysis: We work to find a common vision and objective and use this information to formulate the project’s end goal.
- Planning: During this phase we get to the bottom-line of the application decommission. We consider milestones and progress, and ensure that the people, the technology, and the process are all on the same page.
- Communication: Communication is key to any successful application decommission. During this phase, we design and deliver important information to employees and share essential knowledge that will promote employee involvement and ease the process.
- Decommission plan: Now we plan specific details related to the application decommission process. This includes requester details, types of changes – for example, a decommissioning of the system or replacement – and the exact time and date of when the change will occur.
- CAB: This is a critical process and aims to balance changes and their need with the minimisation of any potential risk.
- Execution of the plan: Decommissioning occurs during this stage.
- Review/post implementation: We review the process and ensure we have successfully completed all goals and milestones.
Why Fourier IT?
We have over 21 years experience to our name and continuously partner with innovative leaders in the technological field to ensure that our clients receive cutting-edge solutions. We pride ourselves on living our core values of commitment, integrity, accountability and respect. We believe in the importance of clear communication with all of our clients and ensure that every encounter retains the utmost professionalism and excellence. If you are interested in exploring the myriad of services that we have on offer, from solution advisory and architecture and biometrics systems to decommissioning services and maintenance and support, then it is time to get in touch with us.
How to Get a Quote and More Information
Call us on +27 12 667 3232 or leave your details here and our team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you and supporting your business operations.